Dérive Berlin Residency – Launch Event
Friday November 13 at 15.00 hrs
Avans University of Applied Sciences.
Beukenlaan 1, 4834 CR Breda
- 15:00 Welcome
- René Bosma, Deputy Director AKV|St.Joost, Avans University
- 15:10 Dérive Berlin: Purpose & Aims
- Sebastian Olma, Professor for Autonomy in Art and Design
- 15:30 Dérive Berlin: A Trip through Europe’s Creative Capital
- Andreas Krüger, Chairman Belius Foundation and co-founder of Planet Modulor
- 16:15 Q & A
- 16:30 Reception
Dérive Berlin is a new 2 months residency awarded twice annually by the Belius Foundation Berlin in collaboration with the Research Centre for Art & Design, Avans University of Applied Sciences.
Eligible for application are advanced students of AKV|St.Joost and Avans Communication and Multimedia Design (CMD) programs. Two students per year will be admitted based on selection by professor Sebastian Olma.
If you’re interested, be there! This is a unique opportunity to meet the initiators of Dérive Berlin and learn about the details of the residency.
Dérive Berlin benefits include:
– Travel expenses
– Monthly scholarship of €500
– Free accommodation in Berlin (Moritzplatz)
– Belius foundation mentoring program
– Introduction to Berlin’s art & design networks
– Workshop access
Andreas Krüger is co-founder of Modulor; the largest European shop in Art Supplies and Art Production Support. Modulor combines a wide range of materials with various manufacturing techniques that meet the needs of individual artists. Furthermore Krüger participates in Belius Foundation, wherein he belongs to the group of movers and shakers in Creative City Development in Germany. More info: http://www.taz.de/!5094587/